.

.

30 March 2009

I hit a car..

yes!! yes!! I encounter my first ever car accident today. Wow!
You might wonder why did i sound so happy? lol.. Well, read on.

OK, this was how it happened... Disclaimer: it was ALL my FAULT!.. :)

I was driving to college this morning, using the MRR2 highway. As usual, the road between the "Econsave" section and the "SYABAS"(Water Authorities) section was in a massive jam. *sigh*
So, what do u usually do in a jam?

A normal human like me would usually hum/sing along with the music in the radio, looking in and out my car-screening for interesting stuffs, murmurring to myself alot, letting off the brakes and stepping onto it again on & off... etc. Today, I learned that what you should not do the most is SMS-ing!!!

Yeap! So, through my words, I'm sure you have imagined the rest of the story.

I was sms-ing while letting off my brake in the jam at an appropriate pace. Then "boom"(quite a loud one..but not that loud, just enough to give yourself a shock), I hit the car right in front of me. OMG! I was super duper panic and kept posing a saluting hand on my forehead saying "I'm sorry ", "I'm sorry" while looking right into the driver's(of the car I hit) mirror at a distance. I noticed he was looking at me too, scowling, together with his 2 other friends... OMG.. I'm seriously dead, I thought at instance.

'What do I have to negotiate?!' My thought rang for a second.
1. Having a 'P' sticker on my car's windscreen...OUT
2. born with an"XY" chromosome i.e. female...OUT
3. being ALONE...DEFINITELY out!
4. And honestly, it was my FAULT.. sooooo OUT!
No points at all! urgh... I'm definitely the loser this time.

Not knowing what to do, I began to pray. That was my first instinct.

My heart started pumping again when the 3 Chinese man in their early 50s came out of their car to inspect their car's condition. Being courteous, I immediately reversed my car, only a bit to avoid hitting the one behind me, which is also a MAN. hehe! It's not that pleasant to have "2-in-1" in a day.. lol. The 3 musketeers inspected the car professionally, soothing every edge of the car ensuring no harm done.

I was also looking at their car's condition at that point, giving myself enough preparation of what they will say if the car was really in bad shape. At that point, I thank God it was a jam. I did not accelerate much and hence, the impact of the hit wasn't bad at all. The hit was almost nothing, not even a scratch. I guess the rubber in front of my car hit the rubber of his, that's all. Thus, after their inspection, they gave me a sneer look and went in their car. Of course, to avoid any trouble, I continued my "sorry" pose, saluting a few time till they were out of sight in their drive.

I was amaze. They did not ask for any compensation or trouble like what my mum had always encounter.

This is seriously so cool!! Thank God for that. Prayer works, it wasn't that bad after all. *chuckles*. Wow, I couldn't imagine myself negotiating with the 3 men knowing nothing about cars. Blissful! I felt really content today. What an experience!! *peace*(",)v

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AMEN sister!!!!
apasal u din mention at home?
hahaha...

Samantha Lau said...

LOL...

What do you think huh?! haha..