.

.

5 October 2009

First church attendance.. ♥

Yeap... :D

After weeks of M.F.C.(Missing from Church), I'd finally found the church I felt comfy with.. :) It's call BCEC (Birmingham Chinese Evangelical Church) & yeap, I'm attending the English Service. Thanks a lot Steph - she invited me.

The best thing is, they have cell groups too!! Just like my church back in M'sia.. hehe.. n meetings is every Thursday night in the City Centre. :) My cell groups' call "Seeds". It's mainly for students. They have other cell groups too, like Inspire(for older Young adults), Firelight(for BBC-British Born Chinese), Roots (for working young adults)... etc.

From what I felt, my CG is really cosy & fun.. :D So, wanna hear the full story? here I go...

Steph n I did lots of texting & fbooking.. And finally, I decided to give her church a try...


Early in the morning, I waited outside 'Mailbox' for Steph, she's gonna meet me here to bring me to her church. was really excited... :D



And yeap, not long after waiting, I saw Steph. We gave each other a warm bear hug and headed to her church. :) Though the church is not as big as FGA, it's really a great place to be at for praise & worship.. I felt welcome & really felt belonged. :)
Majority of them are young people.. even the dads, they are like about early 30.. hehe
Most of them are Chinese(from all over the world - Hong Kong, Vietnam, USA, China, UK itself & most of all MALAYSIA too!! :D) There are several whites too.. :) & they are friendly.
Church ended about 11+ a.m. & we left.
At night, we had a farewell thingy for one of the church leader.. I attended it. :) Besides meeting more new people, there's food too!!! the food i liked most --- Wan Ton !! oh gosh, it's drooling!! LOL.

The farewell was kinda interesting, they made it something similar to "Britain's got Talent" and they call it " BCEC got Talent".. Each CG is suppose to perform something for the competition.

The food I mentioned.


Prep for presentation

Joey's the MC for the night


1st performance: by the dads...
2nd performance: by Firelight

3rd Performance: The older working adults

4th: Roots

William.. from Seeds.

from Seeds: William, Steph & Jackie

Seeds presented a sketch.. :D it was really good.. & we won the show!!!

Steph as the narrator


Rob played the guitar & sang the song he composed

Another group sang & played the mini guitar.. lovely.


After all the performances & laughters... Everyone prayed for the leader. God bless!!

I got a ride home!! Thanks a lot..
Pictures from Vivien's camera:


we were the winner that night.. :D That's all of us!! SEEDs!


My new friends.. :D

1 comment:

Vivien Keu said...

hey hey..... cool new blog look.. :D